Established in 1949 under the name of Macneill & Barry
Limited to do business inter alia as General Merchants, Agency
Business and Manufacture of all kinds of articles, the Company
became a Multidivisional Company with interests among other
things in Manufacture of Tea, Jute, Engineering and Reprographic
As a result of certain mergers and demergers over a period of
time, as is dealt with separately in this website under the
heading - HISTORY OF WILLIAMSON MAGOR & CO. LIMITED, it
became a pure Investment and Group Shareholding Company in the
year 1998 and finally got registered as a NBFC with Reserve Bank
of India on 31st March, 2003 and since then is carrying on the
principal business of investments and lending of funds.
The Company is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange,
The National Stock Exchange of India and
The Calcutta Stock Exchange.
The Company owns a ten storeyed building at Four Mangoe Lane,
Surendra Mohan Ghosh Sarani, Kolkata 700001 where the Registered
Office of the Company is situated. The Company being the major
Group Shareholding Company, the Group is popularly known as
"WILLIAMSON MAGOR GROUP."